Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gratitude

Wow, what a year!! Looking back upon 2013, I am filled with gratitude for all of the gifts I have been given. Never in a million years did I envision myself doing what I do, but it appears life's journey takes you down many roads, and I am learning that if you have the courage to surrender, things will work themselves out exactly as they meant to...Easier said than done, true (especially for a control freak like me!), but an important lesson nevertheless. This season has been the toughest yet the most rewarding to date, and I have faith that if I continue on the path I've begun good things will come my way. So, on that note, I would like to thank all of you who made 2013 such a great success.



Growth
Last year Pippy's did about 4 events, this year--19!!! I took that little red truck to places I never thought possible: trespassing on private property for a wedding after-party in Beacon, an apple orchard in Rhinebeck, a couple of school playgrounds, a block party in Kingston, festivals on the Hudson River, and much, much more. My truck really is like therapy to me, just driving her lifts my spirits! And even better? The truck brings happiness to others, too. Can't ask for more in my book. Here's just a glimpse through my eyes into some of last year's events....

At the entrance of Bacon Alley at Troy Pig-Out

Cornell Street Studios Craft Fair in uptown Kingston 

Set up in the park for the O+ Music Festival

Hudson Valley Foodtruck Festival has a new home, Cantine Field in Saugerties!!

The Basilica Soundscape in Hudson

Kristen's Birthday Party in a beautiful apple orchard in Rhinebeck

Drumboogie Festival in Woodstock...awesome event!

Hudson Valley Wine and Food Fest at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds. Hittin the big time : )

Felice County Fair at Opus 40. Nice to see my Pville peeps!

Morse Course Benefit at Grant D. Morse Elementary...those kids love their dogs with catsup!

Suzanne, Isaac, and Luca at Woodstock Day School

Some dissatisfied customers at the ZombieFest in Rosendale




Friends
I am so lucky to have so many lifelong friends, and they are good enough sports to help me out from time to time. I feel as if by working with me on my truck they get an insight into who I am, and we have a blast doing it. Who knows, maybe I am igniting the fire within some future food truck owners?






The lovely Ms. Kelli Rae Gilmore...a long way from 40's and Tribe Called Quest with Kingston boys ;)



My adorable nephew and niece, Michael and Aubrey. Aubrey loved working the truck, Michael...not so much.



Steve Murphy, aka Gold Jesus, has worked the window a few times. He's the best!




BF and sister Anne McGrath. No words.



Sean McCormick. The sassiest thing Kingston ever has seen!



My sister Michelle, the biggest badass besides me to work the truck ;)



Truck Friends
My little truck has come a long way from the lonely, solitary days in the Kaaterskill Clove. Now she has a whole stable of other truck friends. Here are a few....




Wandering Dago from the northern parts

Kingston's Danzante serving authentic Latin fare


Slidin' Dirty, my fellow BaconFest 2012 soldiers


The adorable Yum-Yum Noodle Truck


Truck Pizza from Hudson


Newbie Ate-O-Ate from near Westchester


The super friendly folks from Jumpin Jack Flash

Fell in love with this little guy at Troy Pig-Out.



Sean's Tin Cantina. Awesome homemade hot sauce!!


Bootleggers...these guys are new to the scene, and they're hungry ;)

The gorgeous Black Forest Flammkuchen Truck


Marc and Michelle Propper's 'Cue Truck

Community
I am especially grateful to my hometown of Palenville for another wonderful season. It appears as if our little hamlet is experiencing a Renaissance of sorts, and the community is uniting for positive change and growth. Thanks to the efforts of Jill Burkholder and Christine Clark, Palenville had our first of many Hidden Gallery Walks, celebrating the hamlet as the heart of the Hudson River School of Art Movement. Dan and Jen Souza not only opened a charming wine shop, Lower Clove Wine and Spirits, but they also organized and implemented the Plant Palenville Project and purchased the Swinging Bridge property, giving hope to future rebuilding efforts. The Circle W Market continues to serve as a community center of sorts, uniting like-minded people and providing the town with a place to eat, laugh, and connect. Michael's Restaurant is up and running and a welcome addition to the main street. Guys n' Gals is busy, even adding a third stylist to the crew. Kindred Spirits, the Rip Van Winkle Country Club, and the Fernwood Restaurant provide a variety of dining options for locals and tourists alike...all good stuff. It just goes to show that people are eager to support each other, if given the chance.


Just one of the many Plant Palenville gardens



Lower Clove Wine and Spirits

The beloved Circle W Market, going on 3 years!!

So, season 3 is a wrap...so much work, so much fun, so much learned. Thanks to all the people who helped in so many ways (you know who you are), with your patronage and your words of encouragement. I truly love what I do and cannot wait for 2014.

xxoo,
Heather






















No comments:

Post a Comment